Dos and Don'ts of Jewelry Care
Caring for your jewelry can be scary! It's your most prized possession you have. You may have a family heirloom that has been passed down for generations or an amazing necklace you were surprised with for your birthday. Whatever it is, it's special and you want to take care of it the best you know how. Here are a few simple dos and don'ts to follow to ensure you can keep these pieces for a long time to come.
Don'ts of Jewelry Care
- Stay away from ultra-sonic cleaners. It's possible to dislodge small stones.
- Avoid prolonged exposure with cleaners that contain chlorine, it can damage and discolor karat gold and sterling silver (affects the alloying metal).
-Take jewelry off while swimming or near chlorinated water, this can also damage or discolor (affects the alloying metal).
Dos of Jewelry Care
- Maintain a daily cleaning with a soft dry cloth
- For a deeper at home cleaning use a soft tooth brush and Dawn dish soap.
- Seek a professional polisher to remove scratches from karat gold and platinum with very little metal loss.
If you have more specific questions on how to care for your jewelry don't hesitate to ask. We are here to help at A Pawn USA in Clermont, FL. We will even clean your jewelry for free when you stop in, just ask!